PowerX Enters into a Comprehensive Partnership Agreement with Tamano City, Okayama
OKAYAMA, JAPAN/ December 20th, 2022 – PowerX, Inc. (Head Office: Minato, Tokyo, Japan; Director, President & CEO: Masahiro Ito) today announced that the company had signed a comprehensive partnership agreement with Tamano City (City Hall: Tamano, Okayama, Japan; Mayor: Yoshiro Shibata) on December 19th. Through this agreement, PowerX and Tamano City aim to collaborate on various initiatives in areas such as local tourism, promoting carbon neutrality and disaster prevention measures.
The objectives of this agreement are as outlined below,
1. Promoting local tourism programs that integrate art and industrial tourism.
2. Promoting decarbonization and environment-related policies.
3. Building sustainable communities through job creation and local material procurement.
4. Enforcing the community’s disaster resilience by utilizing energy storage and charging solutions.
5. Promoting the adoption of electric vehicles, autonomous driving technologies, and the smart city development
6. Promoting effective use of port areas, including decarbonized ports and floating facilities
Local Community Briefing Session on the construction of “PowerBase” in Tamano City.
On December 19th, 2022, PowerX held a briefing session for residents, companies and government officials in Tamano City, Okayama Prefecture, regarding the construction of its battery assembly factory, “Power Base”. About 250 people from the local community attended the event. PowerX Director, President & CEO Masahiro Ito explained the company’s businesses, storage battery products, the overview of the factory and its safety, as well as its hiring plan.
PowerX aims to establish “Power Base” as the new center of the future of energy by mass-producing storage batteries. Moreover, the factory will also provide a creative space where nature and art coexist, allowing residents of Tamano City and tourists to visit freely.
Overview of Power Base
Address: 6-2-8 Tai, Tamano City, Okayama Prefecture, Japan
Usage: Factory, Office, R&D Center
Design & Construction Partners: Kazuyo Sejima & Associates, Okumura Corporation
Maximum Annual Production Capacity: 5GWh
Scheduled Start of Operation: Test Production is scheduled to start at around the end of 2023, and full-scale mass production is scheduled to start in the spring of 2024.
Press Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read this news release in PDF, click here.